You are invited to the second workshop of the African Urban Mobilities: Past, Present and Future (AUM) network.
The workshop will discuss papers that consider contemporary urban mobility issues in Africa from a long term perspective. Papers review:
- Women’s involvement in tricycle transportation in Ibadan, Nigeria
- Intersections in gender roles, spatial location and transit provision within the Gauteng city region in South Africa
- Urban planning and mobility practices in Nairobi, Kenya from a mobility justice perspective
- Experiences of working class bicycle commuters in Bloemfontein, South Africa
- Efforts to transform the minibus taxi industry in South Africa
The workshop will also deliberate on plans for 2022.
Dates: 9 and 10 November 2021
Time Zone: Central Africa Time or South African Standard Time (GMT +2)
The workshop will take place online over Zoom. The workshop is free and registration is essential. Click here to download the detailed workshop programme. There you will find the zoom links to register for the sessions.